If you are planning to tracking customer behavior in the Oxynade webshop, you can set up the Google Tag Manager integration. Google Tag Manager is a free service that integrates a lot of known tracker tags. They have a list of native integrations here and a list of community maintained tags here. Additionally it's also possible to setup a custom integration as described here.
Setup from within Oxynade by SecuTix
The Oxynade by SecuTix platform provides a webshop flow property called: webshop_google_tag_manager_id which can be filled in with your GTM container id on platform, organization, organizer and sale channel level as with all other flow properties. Note that only 1 GTM container will be active per webshop, this will be the most specific flow property.
Configuration for GTM
Within your Google Tag Manager container you can setup any tag or customer integration as you wish. Be sure to read up on the GTM documentation which can be found here.
When setting up GTM we recommend using a a tool from Google Tag Manager called: Google Tag assistant (for Chrome). This is a browser extension which checks the pixels/triggers that are active on the flow and helps you verify if everything is working as expected. It will also visualize all the data layer properties and events (=triggers) explained below.
We have different fields integrated in the Google data layer that can be captured when creating the pixels and track codes:
- event ID
- event name
- distribution ID (= sale channel)
- distribution name
- delivery method ID
- delivery method name
- payment method ID
- payment method name
- purchase ID
- purchase amount
- purchase currency
- ShowTicketTypesPage (Triggered once a ticket buyer is on the ticket type selection page)
- AddToCart (Triggered from the moment the ticket buyer selects a certain amount of tickets & clicks on Next)
- ProceedToCheckout (Triggered when the ticket buyer selects a payment method & is sent to the payment provider)
- ShowConfirmationPage (Triggered when the ticket buyer returns to the confirmation page, after the payment is confirmed)
All of the data and events can be captured and processed on each step of the purchase flow & integrated to the pixels by using GTM correctly.