The latest stable release of the Scan&Beep application is 184.108.40.206 (released on 2021-01-05) and can be found below.
Camera based devices
or through direct download for Android devices with no access to Google play.
Laser based devices
Laser based devices require the integration of their specific library and imply a specific build and deploy. Our preferred hardware partner is Zebra with the TC21 & TC 26 model.
The main difference between TC21 and TC26 are their network capacities, where TC21 only supports Wifi, the TC26 model can be equipped with a mobile internet card to support outdoor scanning without additional hardware. These devices will be our new standard for all your scanning needs. If you're interested, let us know. We can get you in contact.
The previously supported scanning devices (Famoco) were end of life and cannot be delivered anymore. The Zebra devices are a real upgrade, and SecuTix HQ is also switching to these devices for their customers.
- 220.127.116.11 (20021-11-24)
- Implemented support for master/child events by suppressing the listing of master events and preventing the simultaneous activation of multiple child events under a common master
- Implemented the full workflow and validation logic to support season tickets
- Bug fixed: continuous scanning settings UI is not visible unless the settings page is refreshed
- Bug fixed: crash on app startup after 3 or 4 days in the idle state (only affects Zebra devices)
- 18.104.22.168 (2021-03-04)
- Added translation support. This is now identically managed as the other Oxynade by SecuTix products.
- 22.214.171.124 (2021-01-05)
- Added timeslot support. If a ticket is sold on a timeslot, it is only scannable within that timeslot interval on that particular day. This validation is overrulable by the scanner.
- Added timeslot interval buffer in the settings page. This is the extra time (in minutes) that a timeslot scan can be too early or too late, default is 15 minutes.
- 126.96.36.199 (2020-10-31)
- Initial Scan&Beep release rebased on "Oxynade Ticket Scanner"
- Added Zebra device (TC21/26 support)
- Added scan out functionality
- Added total people inside metric
Scan&Beep uses the camera and/or laser of your device to scan barcodes of the tickets generated from the Oxynade by SecuTix ticket platform.
After downloading, installing and opening the Scan&Beep app, the app will ask to gain access to the necessary external hardware e.g. the camera. Click 'OK' to accept using your device's hardware.
To use Scan&Beep, you can log in using your Oxynade by SecuTix operator account. Both platform admins and event organizers and their team can log in.
Fill in your credentials and click 'Sign in' to load the events to which you have access to.
After logging in, the app will show you the events that are configured in your account.
Select the event for which you want to scan tickets.
To download the barcodes and event data, select the event and click the 'ok' button. The scanner will show you the download progress. When the download is finished, you will be redirected to the scan screen.
Ready to scan
To scan a ticket, use the 'scan' button on the bottom of your screen. The scan screen will be activated using with the "scan in" method selected. To scan the barcode, aim the device's camera or laser towards the barcode that you can find on the ticket generated by the Oxynade ticket platform. When the barcode is scanned successfully, you will be redirected to the feedback screen.
You can switch between "scan-in" and "scan-out" mode at any time.
There are 5 types of feedback:
- OK - Ticket is scanned and validated.
- Already inside - Ticket has already been scanned on this or another device.
- Already outside - Ticket has already been out-scanned on this or another device.
- Barcode not found - the barcode on the ticket is not valid for this event.
- Not allowed type - the app has the possibility to select which ticket type you want to validate (see configurations). This notification shows that the ticket type you scanned is not permitted in the access control.
You can find all settings and configurations in the menu on the upper left side of your screen.
Some settings are secured with an administrator pin code. As an admin you can request the pin from your Oxynade contact.
When selecting the menu, you will see the following options:
Ticket scanning (mode)
This scan mode is the default scan mode. After scanning a barcode, the ticket will be validated and it is not possible to scan the ticket again unless it has multiple sessions configured.
Test scanning (mode)
Select this mode to use scanning without actual validation. After scanning a barcode, the ticket will not be validated so it can be scanned again. This mode is designed for testing purposes.
Manual validation (mode)
This mode allows you to type a barcode without using the scan function. You can use this in the ticket print has been blurred and the ticket is not scannable anymore.
Search tickets (mode)
This mode allows you to search a ticket by name or barcode. After your search command, the app will show you all the tickets that match your search command.
This screen shows the amount of tickets that have been scanned during the period as from when the event was downloaded to the scanning app.
The screen shows different types of scans:
- Original scans: Original tickets downloaded from the Oxynade ticket platform
- Predicted scans: The scan app is able to predict which barcodes are used for tickets that have not yet been downloaded to the scanner. This makes it possible to scan offline without stopping your ticket sales.
- Validated: The amount of tickets that have been validated. Rejected: The amount of tickets that are rejected due to not being found or double scans.
This screen has a reset button to clear all statistics and the scanning period.
The scan report shows all the event ticket types and the amount of validated scans for this ticket type. Sign In
Go to the login screen to load the events/data from another organizer account.
The device status screen shows a summary of network, synchronization and scan info. The following characteristics are shown:
- Network: Online/ offline
- Account: Logged in / not logged in
- Last sync: Shows the time of the last data synchronisation
- Total Tickets: Amount of downloaded tickets and the amount of scanned tickets
- Scans: The amount of synchronized tickets and the amount of pending tickets. Pending tickets are still to be synchronized.
Load the event list from your account and select the event you want to select for scanning. After selecting the event, click 'ok' to download the event barcodes and data.
Select ticket types
An event may contain multiple ticket types. In case you only want to scan for a select ticket type or amount of ticket types, you can use this screen to select the types you want to scan. Select the type to allow scanning the ticket type.
The settings screen gathers the following list of configurations:
- Operator/administrator PIN: To change the administrator or operator pin, you can fill in a new pin code.
- API url: The scanner uses the filled URL to retrieve the event and ticket data. It is important that you do not change this field as the scanner will not be able to retrieve info or synchronize the scan data.
- Device name: For logging purpose, you can change the scanner name.
- Use server validation: Oxynade has software available that allows you to connect the scan device to a computer that runs scanning software. Select this option to activate the connection.
- Always refresh events: When the application restarts, you can select this option to instruct the application always to refresh the event data.
- Sync interval: Select the amount of seconds that the app synchronises the scanned tickets to the Oxynade ticket platform
- Future events: After signing in, the scanner will show all your past and future events. This field allows you to show the events of a select period in the future.
- Past events: After signing in, the scanner will show all your past andfuture events. This field allows you to show the events of a select period in the past.
- Sync at startup: Select this option to make sure the application will synchronize all the event and ticket data after startup.
- Use barcode prediction: Select this option to allow prediction scanning Logging severity: Select the logging mode for testing purposes.
In the 'about' section, you can check the version of the software you are using.